Electronic Disposition System
The Lands Division of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development (ESRD) is responsible for the management of geophysical,
industrial, commercial and agricultural public land dispositions in accordance with
- Public Lands Act
- Mines and Minerals Act
- Related legislation, regulations and policies
The Lands Division has taken a phased approach to automating the business processes required to meet legislative requirements.
The opportunity provided by this automated system will ensure that industry clients are provided with efficient and consistent
service from government departments providing access to Alberta's resources.
About the Electronic Disposition System (EDS)
The Electronic Disposition System (EDS) provides a web-based solution that includes the following features:
- Ability to submit applications and amendments including required attachments. Specified purpose codes for EZE, LOC, MSL,
PLA, PIL, REA, SML and VCE disposition types are included at this time.
- Ability to upload an encrypted compressed file containing disposition plans and metadata file.
- Ability for industry clients to associate 2 related surface dispositions through the web page and attach a single plan
for the applications.
- Ability to perform real time validation through the web interface. Business rule violations will be displayed back to
the industry client at the time of data entry to the database.
- Ability to notify client of unsuccessful submission and errors.
- Ability to automatically notify the industry client of the surface disposition number.
- Ability to submit Area Operating Agreement (AOA) Monthly Status Reports.
- Ability to submit applications and final plan submissions filed under the Enhanced Approval Process (EAP).
- Ability to submit Site Entry Submissions for the Enhanced Approval Process (EAP).
- Ability to submit SML Annual Returns and SML Accrual Reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain SML returns and accrual clients.
- Ability to submit applications for Reclamation Certificates using electronic payment (E-pay).
- Ability to submit a request for Status of an application or amendment.
Clients will need to acquire a GoA account and password in order to access EDS. To acquire a GoA account, please download
the User ID Request Form for EDS and PCS in the Electronic Disposition System (EDS) section at:
Further details regarding EDS can be found at:
EDS Online Services - Hours of Operation
EDS online services are accessible from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The system is unsupported outside of normal business hours. For Help Desk support/hours, see:
Skip to breadcrumb trail
Updated: Dec 7, 2012